Friday, June 21, 2013

Book Blog

As of late I have been thinking of my blog. Just thinking about it and not doing anything about this particular blog. But thinking is a step up to what I was doing previously -- which was nothing.
What I was thinking was that I missed blogging. I really did. I missed writing, writing about nothing or anything and figuring out my life. That's what writing can be for me. Because this summer I am not taking any English classes, I haven't really sat down and written anything (besides letters) in such a long time. I was missing it. So, I knew that I wanted to start up writing on my blog again, but truth be told, my life is exceptionally boring. I could tell you all about the friends that I have that are getting married, going on missions, moving away, and having babies. As for what I was doing, I could tell you all about how difficult anatomy is and all about the human body. A blog about my life would put those reading it to sleep, and I would probably die of boredom just from writing the posts. I figured I had a few options for this blog of mine and I mulled these options over in my head for some time, until I came to a conclusion.
 My first thought was to make my life more exciting (which I still plan on doing), but at the moment I need to focus on school and not on thrill-seeking. Plus all my friends are leaving; thrilling adventures aren't very fun when you are all by your lonesome. The amount of friends that I have left is a grand total or 2 (that may be a slight exaggeration). Also thrill-seeking gets expensive and I am a cheap-o.
Another option was to change my blog into the entertaining, though highly unoriginal fashion blog. Problem: I am not super duper into fashion. I like my fashion and I think my skills of matching a top to a bottom are sure to be praised (bahah), but clothes and style is not really a passion of mine, and I want to write about something that entertains me more than the mere basics that I have hanging in my closet.
Finally, a truly wonderful idea came to me: A book blog. I love books. Love them so much. I am always looking for new books to read, and when I come across a good book, I just eat it up. It's also a dream of mine to become a movie critic. Wouldn't it be a dream to just watch a movie and then write what you think about it in a clever and original way? So, I have decided to make that dream of mine become a reality, but instead of a movie critic, I will become a book critic on this own little blog of mine.
Finding a good book to read is really a problem. They aren't like movies where they are ranked in stars or thumbs up. There aren't commercials that make a book look exciting or stupid. Really, the only way to find a good book to read is by recommendation. That is what my blog is going to do. Recommend books to the public. I haven't decided if I am going to post on just the books I like, or post on all the books that I read for this shin dig... That still needs to be pondered in my brain.
If anyone has any recommendations, ideas, feedback, anything like that, feel free to leave a comment.
My first book review will hopefully appear in the next few days, depending on how busy I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment